Thread Rating:
  • 14 Votes - 3.5 Average
Welcome to Kids Night Tonight
07-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Welcome to Kids Night Tonight
Come on in. Say hi. Tell us how you found us. Introduce yourself if you’re so inclined.

My name is Mike. I’m a father of 2 beautiful girls, living in Louisville, Kentucky, and I run this site.

It started one Saturday when my family was riding around looking for a place to have dinner. We passed a sign in the window of a local restaurant saying “Kids Eat Free on Tuesday”. My wife said we should remember that, but I thought, “Why should we have to remember that?” It seemed the only way to find these restaurant kids nights, is to be in the restaurant and see a sign. A lot aren’t even advertised on their own websites. So I thought, what if there’s a community of like-minded parents, looking online, for kids nights in their area.

I looked. What I found wasn’t promising. Some sites had static lists. Who knows how old the information is? Some had static maps – a step in the right direction. Lastly, all the sites I found were local, focusing on a single city or area.

So I thought, I can do this. I’ll build a nationwide dynamic map search for restaurants with kids nights. I can do the technical stuff. The problem is getting good information to supply.

That’s where you come in. At Kids Night Tonight, it’s all about community. This site is as good as you’re willing to make it. I’ll do my best, but the success of this site comes from users like you who are willing to take a few seconds to report when they find a kids night at one of their local restaurants. Give a little effort and it will come back to you many times over.

Things may be a little sparse in the beginning, but don’t give up. If you don’t like what you see, tell me, and try back in a few days. Not seeing many restaurants in your area? Report the ones you know, then tell your friends. They’ll report a few more and tell their friends. Pretty soon this will be a thriving community for parents looking for kids nights at their local restaurants.

We’ve got a lot of exciting plans for the community. The map search (the real reason you’re here) is almost ready, then we’ll be able to launch. In the meantime, say hi in the forums, subscribe to our newsletter. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, do whatever it is you do on Google+. Tell your friends, because the most important thing for the success of this site is a thriving community. It will take some time, but with a little effort and a little patience, this site can be a valuable resource for many parents looking to save a few bucks while eating out with their kids.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply